Sunday, June 8, 2008

Brisbane Ciy and Lone Pine Park :0)



On Thursday I took the train into Brisbane to meet up with Zoe. She had a 3 day conference downtown, so I stayed at the Sofitel with her. It is a SUPER nice hotel. The breakfast had everything you could POSSIBLY want; INCLUDING champagne! (All included!) Zoe and I went to a FABULOUS called Tukka
on Tuesday night. I had the chance to have Emu, an Australian bird. I was kinda hesitant at first, given that it's something new and it was cooked rare.....but it was SUPER DELICIOUS! I asked our waiter to see if the chef would take a picture of another plate of Emu for me......he didn't like the way the food was presented on the 5 plates he made for other guests....they weren't photo quality, so he made a special dish JUST for the photo.....how cool was that!



Friday morning I took a Brisbane City river cruise to Lone Pine Sanctuary. I learned some interesting facts about the river....it changes directions 4 times a day, craziness! The animals at Lone Pine were terrific! I got to see SO many Koalas! They have around 130 Koalas at the Sanctuary at all times. There were also dingos, wombats, kangaroos, emus; (yes, I had to face my dinner from the night before....sad.), all kinds of birds, goats, and other animals. I was able to hold a SWEET little guy named Bagel. He was absolutely beautiful! I'm in love for sure!

Friday night Zoe and I went shopping for the races on Saturday and walked around the markets on the river street. We ended up buying these cute little bags from a street vendor. Mine is the perfect bag for summer......pink polka dots with a white background.

Chris is coming tomorrow; Saturday........I'm getting excited!









Emu For Dinner on Thursday Night........YUM!





Emu on Lone Pine Sanctuary on Friday.......awwwww, so sweet....but OH SO GOOD!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Emu for dinner...mmm ...sounds...
wonderful :) Looks like you're having a great time! Dad says check the toilets too...they flow in the opposite direction of ours.

Steph said...

HaHa....yeah, I've checked for that too! Upon inspection, I haven't observed toilet water "spinning" in either direction....it sort of just plunges around...I will keep checking! (BTW, which way DOES ours spin?)

Anonymous said...

WHEN YOU PULL THE STOPPER OUT OF THE SINK AFTER WASHING THE DISHES,AND WHEN IT'S NEARLY EMPTY
NOTE THE DIRECTION OF THE SWIRL,
it's clockwise on this side of the world, same direction as our Hurricanes.

Ayana said...

Awww, you holding that bear is so cute!

Steph said...

Ok.....well, tonight after dinner I tried the "plug the sink trick." When I lifted my hands, the water went counter-clockwise. BUT, I've noticed at home that I can make the water go either direction....although I suppose it likes clockwise best. SO....maybe I'll test best out of 5 different sinks?