Well, it's been cold and overcast the past two days in Melbourne. I haven't been too focused in my sightseeing. Melbourne seems to be known as the foodie capital of Australia, so there's not a lot in terms of other attractions. It has a zoo and an aquarium of course, but Steph and I are planning on going to those in Brisbane or Sydney.
Tuesday morning, I was at the Charles Dickens pub watching the Wings and Pens battle it out for the Cup. Yes, I know it's kinda sad to travel 11000 miles just to watch a hockey game, but this was a big one. The Wings were 30 seconds away from winning it all when the Pens scored to tie it. Three overtimes later, the Wings lost and are headed to game 6. I was destroyed. The three other hockey fans in the pub were pulling for the Pens (figures), but the locals showed me some sympathy when I collapsed in a heap. After that I did some shopping and got setup for free internet at the library.
Wednesday, I went to the bike shop to check on a rental. If the weather turns nicer, which it's supposed to, I'm planning on hiring a bike for a couple of days to ride the Great Ocean Road. Afterwards, I took in the Game On exhibit in Federation Square. Apparently, Australia has a large gaming culture and this exhibit has an interactive history of gaming. They had playable versions of practically every type of game machine ever made; from the old stand-up arcade machines, to the earliest consoles, to the latest PS3s/XBOX360s. Not something Steph would've been keen on, but I really enjoyed it. Unfortunately, they forbade cameras, so I don't have any pics.
Hopefully, I'll have more exciting things to show in the next couple of days.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Well, I bet you are jumping around the pub now that the Wings won it !
What a great game though...
Post a Comment