Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Day 1 in the Schools

Today I went with Zoe to work......it wasn't much different from my own school socio-economic wise. There are Aborigines that attend the school, which we obviously don't have in the States. Behaviorally, kids are kids it seems; no matter where they live in the world! The teachers seem to be a bit more laid back than we are at Cedar Hill. Tomorrow is sports day, so it will be fun to see the kids participating in agility track and field events; shot put, high jump, long jump, running races, etc. At Cedar Hill we don't want kids to feel bad about not coming in first, so we don't give out ribbons. Tomorrow, they'll divide the school into thirds, and pass out ribbins to the individuals who win certain events, and to the group that earns the most points overall......similar to an olympics. I'm excited to see that!

Jet lag hasn't been that bad. I went to bed last night at 5:45, but woke up at 2am today.....dozing off and on until 5:45 when I got ready for "work." It's 6:30pm right now, so I'm doing better than yesterday, but I'm getting tired fast!

Driving home today I saw a sign that said to watch out for Koala's, similar to a deer crossing. I'm keeping my eyes in the trees, maybe I'll see one in the wild, how cool would that be?!?

That's it for Day 2........I'm having fun!

3 comments:

ScrappyGuy said...

Steph! You have to take pictures of these crazy signs. I bet your kids back home will enjoy looking at them!

Anonymous said...

oh! Koalas.....how cute!! Can you
bring one back home with you as a souvenir? Scooby needs a playmate. I just had a thought.......you're coming back here on the 19th and that's the same day i'm coming down to Atlanta...and you're going to be all jet lagged and tired the whole time!!!!!!! will you be awake for Amy's wedding?

Steph said...

I HOPE so! I land at 7:30pm, so I should be at home by 9:30pm at the latest......by then I'll be GOOD AND TIRED! I'll make it......no worries :0)