Friday, May 30, 2008

It's Friday!


So, I've been here basically one full work week. Zoe and I left work at 1pm; she had a Principal's meeting and I went shopping. The shopping center was really great....it was a one story mall with lots of neat stores. I BOUGHT A HAT. I'll post a picture of me in it next week when I'm back with the kids. HOPEFULLY it will stop raining soon, although there are supposed to be heavy rains all weekend, yuck.

Tonight I met Zoe's childhood friend, Kylie. She is an assistant principal, a "deputy" they call them at a school near Zoe. We went to an Irish Pub for dinner and I had fish and chips; my FAVORITE :0) Zoe is in the white jacket next to me, and Kylie is on the other side. It was funny hearing her impression of "Americans." You know....the stuck up snobby type who act like they own the world.......those are the kinds I NEVER hope to be related to! We'll all meet up again next week.
Observation #2: Toilets have 2 buttons. The small one for "small" flushes, and a larger one for, well, ya know.....the more larger deposits! HA! One way to conserve water I suppose.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Syeph!
can you get "NuttyBuddy Bars" over
there or do i need to send ya some.
SpiveyDad.

Steph said...

I don't think they have little Debbie Snacks actually :0( I haven't seen any. There are lots of other treats though...TOO many!

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHAHA!!! Small and Large flushes??? That's awesome, can't wait to tell Salam that one :) Its actually a really smart idea!! Yay for shopping! and do they have the same views of Americans as Europeans do?

Steph said...

Ha...I know! Sometimes I think, "Hmmmmm, is this small ENOUGH" HAHA. Yeah, pretty much many think American's think things revolve around themselves.....which many do. I'm trying to prove them wrong! (I haven't had any card problems like Wasan had though, :0))