Thursday, May 29, 2008

Sports Day


Ok Gary, here you go.....a picture of the sign I talked about yesterday.

Today we had Sports Day. It was really fun, even though we had to stop short because of the rain. The kids will do their sprints next week sometime. Their PE teachers don't work full time, (along with music, art, and any special area teachers), because the union doesn't want them to ruin their voices working with the kids. Can you imagine!?!


Also, I learned that Queensland, where I am, has NO OZONE LAYER! So, the skin cancer rate here is one of the highest in the WORLD! I was totally freaked out about getting radiation posioning today.....I didn't have a hat. I felt I was being fried and could "feel" the sun rays going into my brain. I was really freaked out when one of the teachers told me about it today. (This is why there is a no hat, no play rule at school for the kids.) I'm going to buy one tomorrow.

3 comments:

Ayana said...

Oooh, field day. My favorite! Skin cancer? DO NOT GO OUTSIDE!!!! I'm not kidding Stephanie. You definately cannot go there for a WHOLE YEAR! Think about the SUN RAYS!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Ok so let me get this straight, not only do they have some of the MOST dangerous animals in the world, they also have falling Gum tree branches AND NO OZONE LAYER??? Ummmmmmmmm this just gets better and better, doesn't it? I'll pray for you ;)

ScrappyGuy said...

No Ozone layer? Weird. To think we were worried about sending the CHES kids out in the heat in August.