You read that right. Steph and I are heading "Down Under" for 3 to 4 weeks and we're both incredibly excited. Although she's quite the jet setter, this will be my first trip out of the country (I'm not counting that day trip to Canada on Canada Day when the whole country was shut down!).
Steph's leaving today for Brisbane. Her step mom has some relatives who live there and she'll be staying with them for a couple of weeks. Zoe is the principal at a school outside of Brisbane and Steph's been tossing around the idea of teaching aboard, so this is a great opportunity to get her feet wet. I'll be arriving on the Melbourne scene June 1st for some solo exploring; maybe renting a motorcycle to tour the coastline. Then we'll meet up in Brisbane on the 7th for a few days before rounding out the trip in Sydney. We say farewell to Australia on the19th. It should be an awesome trip.
I thought it would be very Web 2.0 of me to create a travel blog of our experiences so friends and family could keep tabs on us and see that we're still kickin' it. Feel free to comment on any of the posts. Until next time, hooroo, mates.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
So, like do you have a computer in a saddlebag or in a backpack? Don't do any crazy Hunter S. Thompson stuff (or a least don't put it in the blog, unless there's a lizard tail involved).
Also, I hear you should look out for the sting rays. And don't let the dingos near any babies. Have fun H-Dog, sounds cool.
No matter how hard you try, you will always be web 0.63.
Set up a flickr account and post some pictures! I'm curious to see what the world looks like from upside down. Everything is flipped in the southern hemisphere, right?
Sounds like fun - just remember... vegamite sandwiches make you a better rider.
Oh yeah - and post pictures.
HAHA,Larry.....Zoe's mum asked me if I liked Vegamite today....I haven't tried it yet though....it looks interesting!
Davis works with a Brit who had him sample some Marmite, which Davis described as tasting like "concentrated brown gravy", and Vegamite is supposed to be ten times worse. So after eating such a sandwich, I expect I'll be able to jump 15 school busses.
You're really going to be piling up the air miles with this trip. Have the best time and bring me back a koala!
Post a Comment